A PARTIAL LIST of the “tools” (subjects to discuss) in HANS HELMERICH’s mentoring toolbox:
Accepting responsibility / ownership
- Discerning what to “hold loosely” and what to “hold tightly.”
- Relationships: being a good listener
- Reputation/ Integrity ( a “good name,” commitment to truth)
- Teachability / being able to receive correction
- Knowing the Season (Gen. 8:22)
- The power of encouragement
- Walking in your gift/ calling
- Esteeming the Word
- Choosing your friends
- Managing your sexuality (self – control, thoughts on God’s plan for human sexuality).
- Choosing well: “we make choices and then our choices make us.”
- Thoughts on Money: a useful servant but a cruel Master.